Size of Baby (per “What To Expect”) – Size of a turnip? If anyone eats those? Approximately 2 pounds.
Weight Gain – I have been craving not so good for me foods. French fries. Burgers. Salt. More salt. See picture below. At least I have been compensating it with a decent amount of fluid. I have gained 18 pounds and I eat a lot. My level of activity has been significantly higher with this child due to several factors, mostly attributed to: being a mom of two and expanding my fitness services.
Movement – FINALLY movement has really picked up. I have to say, I was getting a little worried that she wasn’t moving all day like I remember the other two. Again, I think with my level of activity, I don’t pay attention as much as I used to when I would sit at my desk job all day. She’s there and boy is she kicking!
Sleep – Well, all of that talk that I was not having any symptoms came back to haunt me. The cold that I mentioned in my last post has continued to linger. I woke up Saturday with a stuffy right ear that I couldn’t hear out of. I immediately packed up the girls (while my husband was at his workout group) and went to urgent care. Low and behold, I had an ear infection and sinus infection. I felt like someone punched me in the side of the face. The doctor prescribed me a Z-pack in which I waited to pick up because I HATE taking medicine while I am pregnant. After tossing and turning from tooth pain (as a result of my sinus infection), I was convinced to start the antibiotic. Insert sad face.
I know someone who isn’t having a problem sleeping.
What I miss – I don’t want to wish away this pregnancy because I am essentially wishing away weeks of my two oldest daughters childhood, but I truly miss not worrying about everything I eat or drink. Recent thoughts, “I wonder if the woman at Dunkin Donuts accidentally gave me a caffeinated coffee, not decaf?”, “Does that fish have mercury, I can’t remember? Search Google”, and “if I can have a 4 ounce glass of wine, could I have a craft beer?” I stuck to scallops and a wine “spritzer” at a family dinner at Cafe Monte.
Best Moments this Week – MOTHER’S DAY! Happy Mother’s Day to all my moms out there. This was a busy weekend for us socially. Very rarely do we go out both Friday and Saturday night. My grandparents (the girl’s great grandparents) came to Charlotte to visit with my sister.
Four generations of women. Three generations of moms. That’s a pretty special moment. The girls call my grandma “Gigi”, my mom “mimi” and my grandpa “Grandpapa”. We celebrated Mother’s Day on Sunday, however, the girls shared their very own special gifts with me from school all week.
We topped off a great weekend by checking out Two Scoops Creamery in the Plaza Midwood neighborhood. I don’t mind if I do.
Looking forward to – As my husband and daughter’s would yell as they fist pumped their arms in the air, “BEACH! BEACH! BEACH!” Last vacation before baby number three arrives is closing in. That means summer and some good quality time with my sweet girls.
Cravings – See weight gain above. Salt. More salt. Beer. Just a few more weeks!
Symptoms – Belly bumping and a bad head cold. That’s that!
Workouts – I actually got some good solid runs and strength workouts in this week. Given how I have been feeling, I have to say I was impressed with myself. At this point in my last pregnancy I was done running (for several reasons). I managed to pull off over 10 miles this week (albeit slow). Maybe I was motivated by these incredible Flywheel moms to be who are completely rocking their first pregnancies.
- Monday – I taught my regularly scheduled 6:30 AM Flywheel class.
- Tuesday – Strength work in the garage! Two to three solid strength days a week is enough to leave me feeling confident and on track to be ready to work post baby.
- Wednesday – 30 minute easy run with some strength work. I also was able to manage some legless bouldering at Inner Peaks that night with my OCR training group.
- Thursday – I circled back with my run group for an early morning speed session. I don’t really have “speed” anymore, so I just try to keep moving. I got dropped in a one mile warm up. They waited on me to start the rest of the workout.
- 5 minutes hard, 2 minutes jog, 30 seconds rest (repeat x 4)
I ran three rounds at which point I found myself conveniently in front of my house and called it a day. I still managed to squeeze in 3.5 total miles. I also headed to Flywheel that afternoon to teach my 3:30PM class.
- Friday – Strength work in the garage!
- Saturday – I can’t even believe how slow I ran, but I got four miles in. I only say this because my back typically begins to hurt the slower I run. It is just more comfortable to walk.
- Sunday – I taught a double at Flywheel on Mother’s Day (7:30/8:30AM). I will admit that I was exhausted after a long weekend of social events and 90 minutes on the bike. I actually fell asleep sitting up in my mom’s living room chair post brunch.