Size of Baby (per “What To Expect”) – Size of an eggplant (approximately 1.5-1.75 pounds)
Weight Gain – 17 pounds. Bump keeps growing and growing. It’s hard to believe we are already this far along!
Movement – A lot more movement these days. The movement has started to grow from my lower abdomen up my belly and above my belly button. I can certainly tell when she stretches out.
Sleep – I got SICK this week. Just a common cold, accompanied by a lot of coughing and phlegm. The cough will keep me up at night if I don’t prop my pillows up on top of each other. I actually pulled back significantly from exercise this week and slept with a humidifier on for one night. That said, at this point in my pregnancy, I have been able to relieve some of these symptoms with Sudafed, cough drops and nasal spray.
Best Moments this Week – One word. STAYCATION. My husband and I love some alone time, but we also love some time with our two girls. That said, while an extended “baby moon” would have been nice, we spent a night out in Charlotte and opted to take the girls on a beach trip before baby number three gets here.
It only takes a little bit of time together here and there to make a big difference. We headed uptown for some relaxing time at the Ritz Carlton pool before heading out for appetizers and drinks (mine a “mocktail”) at Sea Level. Gotta love hanging at the bar while watching the Kentucky Derby. We headed out post horse race and enjoyed dinner at BLT.
How had I never been here? Have you seen the size of the popover dinner rolls they bring you BEFORE dinner even starts? Big mama was hungry. Unfortunately, I fill up very fast given the small amount of space my stomach has left in my midsection. I couldn’t even eat the whole thing before my steak came out. I highly recommend the restaurant for food and service, but I caution you in that you may be sitting within eighteen inches of the table beside you on both sides (which can be awkward if another restaurant patron wants to listen to your conversation – as was the case in our situation).
We were in bed by ten and up by eight. Even staycation didn’t slow us down. It is easier to relax knowing the girls are in good hands. My parents made all the stops Saturday afternoon/evening and even Sunday morning. The girls absolutely loved the Disney Pixar show at the Belk Theater.
Looking forward to – I mentioned our upcoming beach trip with the girls, but before we get there, my husband and I will be celebrating our five year anniversary on Friday. It’s hard to believe it has only been five years. We have certainly been busy. I found out I was pregnant with my first child a little less than eight months after we got married. It’s easy to see how we could already be expecting our third.
That said, I have been trying to spend some quality time with my youngest daughter in the days leading up to summer vacation and our third child arriving. Both my husband and I have worked hard to maintain separate relationships with both girls (i.e. individual time in which their real personality can shine without the other dictating). It’s certainly a special time. They still describe us as “awesome”, “fun” and “the best”.
Cravings – I’m loving some good old fashioned hearty meals. In other words, steak, potatoes, beef broth soup and veggies. I could still do without the sweets. I met my husband uptown this week for lunch and enjoyed a spicy soup and noodle combo.
Symptoms – Congestion, but I’m sick. Did I mention my belly has gotten bigger?
Workouts – Since I was sick, I did significantly pull back this week. Listening to my body is key to making sure baby stays happy and healthy (especially at this point).
- Monday – I taught my regularly scheduled 6:30 AM Flywheel class.
- Tuesday – I did a short strength workout in the garage before teaching my standard 3:30 PM Flywheel class.
- Wednesday – what started as a planned 30 minute run turned into a 30 minute walk. After running for 10 minutes, I started to feel cramping and called it. It was a beautiful day. I had purposely parked my car near a nail salon so when I was finished I could get some “me” time in. I don’t do the whole nail routine often, but I did both a pedicure and manicure post walk.
- Thursday – whatever cold was developing came on full force Wednesday evening. I dropped out of my usual run group workout to get some much needed rest to be able to teach my 3:30 PM Flywheel class.
- Friday – I slept in AGAIN! Going on three days straight. A huge rainstorm made a mess of our garage. While I was moving some things around with my youngest daughter, I snuck in a 38 minute workout. I got ALOT done with her in the garage and in a short amount of time! I also maxed out at 8 pull ups in a row.
- 2 Rounds
- Jog in place 2 minutes
- SKLZ single arm roll out x 10 each
- PVC single leg hip hinge with rotation outwards x 10 each
- Sandbag Deadlift x 15
- 3 Rounds
- Static Squat with Should Mobility x 10 each side
- Pull ups x 10
- Goblet Squat x 15
- 3 Rounds
- Side crunch on Bosu x 15 each
- Single Leg Squat with TRX x 10 each
- Squat Thrust x 15
- 2 Rounds
- Saturday – After communicating with my doctor Friday night about what over the counter medications I could take, I started to feel a change towards the better by Saturday. I was invited to the Lululemon Southpark store to test out their newest sports bra – the Enlite Bra. I warned them in advance that I was pregnant. They were all game to still have me visit the store.
I joined several other fitness personalities in Charlotte that I had never met before. This is why I am glad I decided to go. Not only did I buy into the bra, but I connected with some absolutely fantastic women. We bonded over a fitting, a 5k run and some breakfast. Let’s be serious though, the bra is $98. I get it. Mouth drop. Ladies, everything at Lululemon is wearable and returnable. If you are interested, put it on, run in it and see what you think. I’m sold. Biggest thing for me was not feeling trapped in the straps. No chaffing. No need to take it off immediately post run.
- Sunday – I swapped my early Sunday class to teach the 2:45 PM class that afternoon.