Size of Baby (per “What To Expect”) – Size of a small doll.
Weight Gain – 16 pounds (Yep! I put on 2 pounds this week). My belly definitely popped and became noticeably bigger this week.
Movement – The baby is moving quite a bit more these days. The movements are less low in my belly becoming stronger up top.
Sleep – I have been worn out this week. I can always tell when the baby is going through a growth spurt because it sure does hit me. Not only do I feel hungrier, but I just don’t feel like doing much at all. Unfortunately, there isn’t a lot of time for me to straight up lounge, so I am in bed early.
What I miss – Not being pregnant. With my belly bump growing significantly this week and the weather warming up, I realized how uncomfortable the summer is likely going to be. While some women embrace pregnancy and the joys it brings, it is really hard for me to constantly be aware of what foods, drinks and even moisturizers I am putting in and on my body. I miss sushi, craft beer, bottomless cups of coffee, and lunch meat that doesn’t have to be heated up in the microwave.
Best Moments this Week – It was Spring Break for my girl’s preschool. We did a staycation. They are too young to really hit camps for Spring Break that they can go to together. As such, I enjoyed spending some quality time with both of them together bouncing around town visiting every toddler hot spot in town. As tiring as it was, I really did enjoy getting some quality time with my oldest for the entire day.
We ended up making it to several parks, Discovery Place, lunch uptown with dad, Chicfila (of course), the Harris YMCA, Pike’s Soda Shoppe (for ice cream), and haircuts. When we weren’t driving around town, we kept ourselves occupied doing projects at the house: making bracelets and necklaces with beads (fine motor skills), dying Easter Eggs and decorating them, reading new books, and coloring (sometimes missing the coloring book).
Spring Break was capped off with a serious Easter celebration. While we did our own egg hunt after the kids discovered that the Easter Bunny had left them Easter surprises, we actually did head down to a larger egg hunt on Saturday that the actual Easter Bunny appeared at.
The hunt is held at a farm that our friend owns South of Charlotte. The land is incredible with various activities for kids to do along with a barn that is the home of a horse. My youngest loved getting a chance to feed the horse.
Looking forward to – Celebrating my husband’s birthday. He hates making a big deal out of his big day, so we will keep things small at our house (planning to get a donut cake). My oldest daughter also asked if we could all go to a baseball game for his birthday. SOLD.
Cravings – I think I mentioned it above, but I could really go for a craft beer.
Symptoms – Restless legs hit me this week! I have had this with all of my pregnancies which is why I am not surprised. It doesn’t necessarily affect my ability to sleep, but I have noticed when I lay down on the couch at night to watch a tv show, I find myself fighting the urge to move my legs around to get comfortable.
Workouts – With less energy this week, I found my workouts took a hit. Sure I am putting on serious weight these days, but I am also still teaching a lot (as compared to either of my first two pregnancies). I now have four standing classes at Flywheel (in which I participate) as compared to two during my second pregnancy. I was done teaching at this point in pregnancy number one.
- Monday – I taught my regularly scheduled 6:30 AM Flywheel class.
- Tuesday – I typically sleep in on Tuesday, however, with both kids at home, I forced myself to get up early and workout before my husband left for work.
- 10 minute run
- 2 Rounds
- KB glute raise with halo rotation x 5 each side
- Marching crunch on Bosu x 25 each side
- KB lunge to OH press x 10 each side
- Scapular pulls x 10
- 3 Rounds
- KB Swing x 25
- Rope Pulls (Legs Out or Touching the Ground) x 10
- Burpee x 15
- Deadlift x 15
- Knees to Elbow x 10
- Wednesday – 30 minute easy run around the Harris YMCA track.
- Thursday – I actually got myself up and back into the swing of my run group again on Thursday. I modified the workout, but they completed it all. I also still managed to squeeze in 4 miles at an 8:42/mile pace.
- 2 mile progressive warm up
- 8 x 400m, 200m recovery (I did 6 instead of the full 8) – however, I did stick around to cheer the group on.
I also went on to teach my regular 3:30 PM Flywheel class. that afternoon.
- Friday – I have been having some lingering issue with my shoulder and low back that have forced me to really focus on mobility and adapting my exercises over the past week. Friday was all strength (I did a lot of other cardio during the week).
- 2 Rounds
- Turkish Get Up x 5 each side
- Mini Band around thighs walk forward x 15, back x 15
- Flex Arm Hang Max
- TRX Row x 15
- Band Squat TRX x25
- 2 Runds
- Lunge with Foot on Wall x 10 each
- Side Plank x :45 each
- Overhead Press x 15
- 2 Rounds
- Saturday – I subbed the 2:45 Flywheel class.
- Sunday – I taught the 7:30/8:30AM Flywheel class. Yikes!! Lots of time in the saddle this week. Less time running.