Size of Baby (per “What To Expect”) – Size of a banana (approximately 10 ounces)
Weight Gain – Eek. I had another growth spurt. 14 pounds. Most people wouldn’t guess that much. I guess that’s a good thing? Lots of weight up top.
Movement – In pregnancy number two, I answered some days more than others. I would say that is the same for this one. It is reassuring to me when I look back and see that because I feel like some days the baby should be moving more than she is.
Sleep – Things were fine and dandy until a weird smell started to creep into our vents Thursday morning. After searching long and hard for the stench, we realized it was coming from our crawl space. A creature had invaded the small space under our house and ate its way through our insulation and HVAC ducts. We have been co-sleeping to avoid having the children in the rooms that smell. That is never a good situation. We are hoping to have the ducts and animal removed early this week. Nothing like the smell of a decaying animal.
The funny thing is, if you ask the kids if they smell it they responded matter of factly that they don’t. We have been leaving the windows open and fans running during the day. I have also made a conscious effort to keep the kids occupied with activities outside (for my sanity and theirs). They have begun to enjoy finding flowers on wagon walks that they use to make flower arrangements. Thanks to my mom for the great idea.
What I miss – You know what? I still don’t really miss much. I have to admit, I have been sticking to having one 4 ounce pour of wine a week (which helps me feel more normal). Maybe I miss not being able to really get away. We are overdo for a vacation, but we are headed to the beach next month.
In an effort to spend time with my husband (without the kids), we have made a conscious effort to do date lunches and nights when we can. He doesn’t work far from where the kids are in preschool. On days that I pick them up, I will sometimes meet my husband for lunch before walking over to get the girls. We hit RiRa’s Sandwich Shop this week (see above).
Best Moments this Week – At this point in my last pregnancy, I was gearing up to go on a bachelorette trip. You remember that trip. When I was slaying ice cream cones and steaks while everyone else was crushing champagne and beers.
I was definitely not going on any crazy beach trips this week. Most of this week was spent wrapping up my first 12 week program with Cross Conditioning OCR and finding ways to enjoy time with my two girls.
We covered shoe boxes with computer paper and attached yarn to one end such that the girls could decorate the boxes and then pull them around the house in a parade formation. I got this idea from school. They absolutely love it. Such an easy idea.
Looking forward to – The first Spartan Race of 2017 in Charlotte. I have been prepping a team of individuals for over 12 weeks to participate in the race. My husband will be running elite individually. While I will not be competing (the risk is not worth the reward), I will doing media for Spartan Race and attending Obstacle Specialist Training on Friday. Last year I finished 14th overall in the women’s elite division. I can’t wait to be back next year!
Cravings – I’m still on a carb kick. I was thinking by this point I would have started to crave sweets again, but I still love a good piece of pizza or a bagel.
Symptoms – This is the first week that the reality I am pregnant has actually set in. Sure I have known I am pregnant, but I actually feel slower this week. My belly is actually starting to grow outward. I actually have the urge to start pulling out newborn clothes and prepare the nursery.
Workouts – I am still moving and grooving. I am surprised at how well my body responds to activity. I have continued to wear my belly band when running.
- Monday – I taught my regular 6:30AM Class. I did jump into another instructor’s class at 11:45AM and rode for approximately 30 minutes. She is starting to scale back some of her classes (because, low and behold, she is pregnant), so I wanted to make sure I got a chance to ride with her before it was too hard to get a bike in her class.
- Tuesday – I had this awesome idea of what I wanted to do as a workout. After I started, I realized it was a little too much, so I scaled it back.
- 2 Rounds
- Run 800m
- Step Back Lunge with Upright Row x 15 each
- Dead Hang x 1:00 minute
- Sandbag deadlift 15
- Pull Up/Leg Raise EMOM (this was HARD)
- Odd Minutes – 5 pull ups
- Even Minutes – 5 Leg Raises
- 4 Rounds (:40 on/:20 off, no rest between rounds)
- Kettlebell Squat Clean
- Battle Ropes
- Slam Ball
- Supine TRX Row
- 2 Rounds
- Wednesday – I scaled back things a little more, as I was feeling somewhat fatigued from lack of sleep and allergies.
- Run 30 minutes EASY (Low heart rate focus)
- Accumulate as much dead hang time on various grips for 10 minutes – every time you drop 5 Push-Ups
At mid point in the week, I received some pictures from the Spartan Workout Tour that I helped coach a few weeks ago. Wow. They were just awesome. They truly capture how much I love what I do.
- Thursday – I still met with my running group. Albeit, I did slow down considerably, it felt great to be out there and a part of the group still. I did my thing while they did theirs (which wasn’t much different. For the month of March I total 60.2 miles! Not too shabby.
- 1 mile progressive Warm Up
- Run 1 Mile, 400m recovery
- 4x800m, 400m recovery – I walked a section of my recovery, while they jogged the entire recovery
- 4x400m, 200 recovery – I opted out of this part of the workout as I had already hit over 5 miles. Five miles is about my limit at one time these days.
I went on to teach my regular Flywheel class at 3:30 that afternoon to a powerhouse of women riders.
- Friday – Strictly strength. I did a lot of cardio last week. Which means I must have eaten a lot to still gain weight. That said, I stayed in the garage and got ZERO miles in Friday.
- 2 Rounds
- Bosu Knee to Chest, Straight Leg over hurdle x 10 each side
- Bosu Burpee x 10
- Bear Crawl x 25 Yards
- Glute Bridge with mini band x 25
- 2 Rounds
- Side Knee to elbow on Bosu x 25 each
- Lunge on Bosu with curl x 15
- Flex Hang with Leg Raise x 10
- TRX Row x 10
- 2 Rounds
- Side Step Up x 10
- Mini band around thighs squat walk x 25 yards (back and forth)
- Pull Up x 15 (various grips)
- Side Lateral Raise x 15
- 2 Rounds
- Saturday – We had a busy day. I squeezed in an easy 4.5 mile run before training my own group of clients and taking care of things around the house.
- Sunday – I taught my usual 7:30 AM Flywheel class.