Size of Baby (per “What To Expect”) – Size of a clenched fist (4 inches long, 2 ounces)
Weight Gain – 7 Pounds (I’m about even with where I was at this week in my last pregnancy). I have to admit, I tend to put on more weight on the front end before peaking near the end of the third trimester.
Movement – Not sure. I’m going to say “no”, but something is going on down there some days.
Sleep – Legit, TERRIBLE. Between being sick for a few days and getting up to use the bathroom several times a night, I have had trouble sleeping more than 6 hours uninterrupted at a time. Mix that with little to no coffee and I struggle some afternoons.
What I miss – HA! Deli meat that doesn’t have to be heated in the microwave. Bottomless cups of coffee. Alcohol. Being able to keep up with my run group. My pants that actually have a button. It’s safe to say that this is the last time that I want to be pregnant.
Best Moments this Week – Celebrating Valentine’s Day and relishing in this incredible weather. The girls had special parties at school for the holiday, while my husband and I just exchanged cards over a weekend date night.
We spread ourselves pretty thin during the week between evening and very early morning activities and workouts. That said, we try to spend some quality time together on the weekend.
The girls were invited to a birthday party at Flour Power on Saturday afternoon. In a group setting the kids assisted each other in making their own mini pizzas. I love seeing my kids interact with others. It’s so interesting to me how different they can be when away from home or unaware that I am around.
Looking forward to – August! Meeting the final girl in our clan. I can’t wait to see what she is like. We hit up the Whitewater Center on President’s Day and had an absolute blast with our two girls. The improvements that they have made there will definitely make this one of our go to spots over the next several years.
We enjoyed a casual lunch on the patio before strolling around the big whitewater rafting loop. For the first time ever, the girls were interested in trying out some of the obstacle course.
Cravings – Cheese. Peanut Butter. Bread. Eek. Not the greatest.
Symptoms – I looked back at my week 14 blog from my second pregnancy and it perfectly describes how I am doing. “Feeling like a train that just keeps chugging along.” Not sick. Pretty much operating the same as I did pre-pregnancy but at a much slower pace.
Workouts –With all of the changes that we are preparing for, working out is one thing that that makes me feel good. Due to the fact that many of my pre-pregnancy exercises need to be scaled or modified, I have spent a lot of time in my home garage doing strength training. On the days that I teach at Flywheel that is all that I do. See this week’s schedule below:
- Monday 6:30 AM – taught Flywheel
- Tuesday – Strength work at home
- Warm UP – 2 Rounds
- PVC Overhead Full Situp x 25
- Burpee Box Jump x 25
- Battle Rope Plank x 15 each side
- TRX Lunge x 15
- 2 Rounds
- Bicycle Sit up with Mini Band around feet x 25 each side
- Burpee Pull Up x 10
- Toes to Bar x 15
- Weighted Step Up x 15 each side
- 2 Rounds
- Side V Sit Up x 15 each
- Battles Ropes x 50 each side
- Kettlebell Swing x15
- Rig x 1 with Pull Ups (6)
- Warm UP – 2 Rounds
- Wednesday – REST – approximately 1 mile easy run with OCR group to assist with workout before doing some hanging at Inner Peaks Climbing Center. There is alway time to hang and do pull up!
- Thursday – Hill Training and Speed Work with my Run Group. I slowed down dramatically. I considered it a success if I make it through the warm up with out getting dropped. I ran approximately 4.89 miles as compared to the 5.75 miles the group ran.
- 1 mile warm up to Arcadia Hill.
- 4 Rounds, down hill and back up (the rest of the group did 5 rounds).
- 800m recovery run
- 600m Hard, 600m EASY
- 400m Hard, 400m EASY
- 300m Hard, 300m EASY
- 200m Hard, 200m EASY (I skipped the easy and just continued on my way home).
- Thursday – I also taught at Flywheel that afternoon. It’s a little bit of a stretch to do two workout in one day at this point.
- Friday – Snoozed. I was tired. I resorted to pushing my youngest daughter to the park on an extended loop. Total mileage was 4 miles, which is tough with the jogger. Thank goodness for special company.
- Saturday – Strength Work at home – Saturday has now become a big group and personal training day for me.
I don’t mind working in the morning if it means I have the afternoon to family. I squeezed in a short strength workout at home before heading out to a belated Valentine’s Day dinner with my husband.
- Warm Up x 2 Rounds
- Sit Up Progression x 15 each position (45 total)
- Pistol Squat with TRX x 15 each leg
- Dead hang 1:00
- Step Up to Box Jump x 15 each leg
- 5 minute EMOM
- 5 Pull Ups/5 Burpees
- 10 minute EMOM
- Odd – Hand Stand Pushup x 15
- Even – Kettlebell swing x 20
- 3 Rounds
- 5 Toes to Bar Each side
- 5 Burpee Pull ups
- 10 Sandbag Thrusters
- 15 Side Kettlebell Raise
- 15 Lunges each leg (Bodyweight)
- Sunday – taught Flywheel 7:30 AM
I am showing already and people seemed surprised when I turn around and my belly and belly button are sticking out. It’s going to go by fast. Looking forward to next week already!