It has been one quick year. I still can’t believe my oldest daughter is already two. Updates will now come on an annual basis. At her two year well visit, see Madison’s stats below:
- Weight – 22.6 pounds (5th percentile)
- Height – 32.5 inches (20th percentile)
She is small. She always will be. It is becoming more and more clear that she will be like me. Sports will always be harder for her due to her size. That said, she has hit a lot of milestones during her second year.
- She is running, jumping, throwing major temper tantrums and enjoying going to half day preschool 5 days per week.
- She loves Disney (Minnie Mouse, Jake, Sheriff Callie), working with her dad to maintain the lawn, carrying her baby around and mimicking mommy, playing with her sister (sometimes she may even put her in a chokehold when she means to hug her).
- She still has to use a bottle every now and then to soothe herself, but she does not use a pacifier and never has.
- She has been sleeping in a big girl bed since February. Naps are hit or miss. When she doesn’t take a nap, she is typically in bed ALOT early. It is a catch 22 whether it is better to have a nap or not have one. When she has one, she might stay up as late as 9:45 PM.
- She loves cheese, smoothies, bananas, spaghetti, macaroni and cheese, pizza, hot dogs, apples, raspberries, McDonalds, Einstein power bagels, and peanut butter.
- One of her favorite parts of the day is running into her sister’s room to get her out of bed. She carries the baby monitor around anticipating her making a noise to indicate she is ready.
- She says a lot of words, but still isn’t talking as much as we would like her to be.
- She climbs, stacks and carries heavy loads that I can’t imagine are easy for her to pick up. She likes to play on our Bosu ball, with our exercise bands and the TRX in our garage.
- She is our little Madison Marie.
Each picture below represents a moment from each month during the past year. It’s hard to believe how far we have come.