Week 30 has come and gone. I am now starting week 32 of my second pregnancy. It just so happens that my 30 week check up was the same day as my daughter’s fifteen month well visit. For those of you that have been following our progress, I thought that I would share with you how our appointments went.
First things first – my daughter. See her stats below:
- Weight/Percentile – 20 lbs 4.5 oz (36%)
- Length/Percentile – 30 inches (30%)
- Head/Percentile – 44.9 cm (29%)
At 15 months, she is doing the following:
- Walking, well now running.
- Saying several words – “Mama”, “Dad”, “Ball”, “Bye”, “Hi”, “Bot” (drink/bottle)
- Pointing at things when we ask her where they are (ex: Where is the tree?)
- Climbing up stairs and ladders at the playground. Going down the slides by herself.
- Getting off the couch/bed by herself by rolling over onto her stomach.
- Grabbing books for us to read to her.
- Trying new foods. Favorites – hot dogs, pizza, cheese, yogurt, blueberries, raspberries, pasta and several pouch varieties.
Some of the things that she is doing are not all that great – throwing everything (food, temper tantrums, toys), waking up/talking in the middle of the night and just plain not listening. We will start setting boundaries soon. In the mean time, we will count our blessings that the good outweighs the bad and any not so great things are an indication that she is developing as she should.
That leaves me with my mommy update. At my 30 week appointment, the baby’s heart rate was 140 exactly. My blood pressure was 110/60. I am rotating doctors at this point. Not really for any reason other than it fits my schedule better. I have pretty much seen every doctor in the practice in the past two years between my first and now second pregnancy. It’s funny because every time that I go in there, the doctor and I somehow end up talking about fitness. The same happened at this visit.
The doctor was completely fine with me continuing to teach at this point. In fact, he mentioned that I should consider teaching at a gym that he works out at. How’s that for thinking that you need to take it down a notch during pregnancy? My belly measured a week ahead this week. This is no indication that the baby will be coming early, but just that things are going fine. People always seem shocked when I tell them that my first child was 7 lbs 11 oz at birth. The doctor’s seem to think the second might be around the same size. Regardless of the size, all we can hope for are more healthy well visits.