With everything going on in our lives, I have found that our at home gym is sometimes the only way that I can get a workout in. As exercises evolve, my abilities progress and equipment is revolutionized, the need to revamp our equipment is necessary. Hence, the title of this post. I am not the easiest person to buy gifts for (neither is my husband). Athletic wear and home gym products are a go to. So what is on my list this year? Prices are in no order.
1. TRX Pro Suspension Trainer ($249.95)- You typically see these in higher end gyms or boutique studios. However, if you are willing to take the time to mount this device and learn effective exercises, this can be an amazing tool for transforming your physique and building your core. The price is intimidating, however, the results are incredible if you think that you will be motivated enough to workout from home. Remember my write up on Smartcore Fitness? These are used in almost every workout. See picture below.
2. Garmin Forerunner 210 with Heart Rate Monitor ($139.99 at Costco through 12/24/14) – So an upgraded version of that watch that I always take pictures of after a run is on big time sale at Costco. The Garmin Forerunner 210 not only includes GPS tracking for pace and mileage, but it also comes with a heart rate monitor that tells you what zone you are training in. There is so much you can do with this! $60 off retail price too.
3. Gliding Discs ($14.95) – For a very cheap price, you can get a great lower body and upper body workout in with this product. Look out for more exercises using these in the new year on the blog.
4. Nike Pro Hyperwarm Nordic Half-Zip Women’s Training Top ($70) – With the weather changing in Charlotte, I am adding layers when working out outside. My go to long sleeve cold weather running gear is Nike. Unfortunately, my growing belly is starting to bulge out of the bottom of my shirts. I will be asking for some bigger sizes this year. Check amazon or other outlets for lower prices. The bright colors and reflectors will also make it easy for drivers and other runners to see you when running in the dark (shorter days). See highlighter yellow top below.
5. Gifts Cards – Lululemon, Target, Flywheel (well, not for me, but this is such a good idea for friends/family that you know cringe at the price). The more classes you buy at once, the less it costs per class!
Clearly, this is a short list, but a good idea of what I am considering to be high on this year’s Christmas list. Happy shopping! I hope this helps you as you start (or finish) up your gift buying.