We are BACK! After a long trip out of town and several days off from being sick, we are back in town and I am finally starting to feel like my old self. Nothing says “refresh” after vacation like a good early morning workout and a healthy home cooked meal. Let’s start with the workout.
As the name of the blog post implies, the workout utilized a Bosu for every exercise (as well as dumbbells for several exercises). As I have mentioned before, “DUFifty” refers to any Fly.Jen.Duf original workout that goes through 5 sets of 10 reps of each exercise through a progression.
Warm up – I began walking in place, slowly moving my arms and increasing the range of motion in my legs. From there, I jogged in place before performing high knees and butt kicks in place. After several body weight squats and dynamic stretches (about 2-3 minutes), I was ready to workout.
- Dumbbell Deadlift with High Row x10 – Stand on flat side of Bosu, rounded side down
- Bosu Burpee x10
- Isolated Hip Raise x10 each leg – Bosu flat on ground, heel placed on rounded side – use dumbbell to increase difficulty
- Knee Up Abs x10 – Bosu flat on ground, sitting on rounded side
STATION 2 – Complete each of the following exercises sequentially, repeating the station three times.
- Isolated Squat Jumps x10 each leg – Bosu flat on ground, right leg elevated on rounded side of Bosu, left leg on ground. Switch legs.
- Isolated Bicep Curls x10 each arm – Stand on rounded side of Bosu.
- Tricep Dips x10 – Place hands on rounded side of Bosu, flat on floor.
- Static Lunge w/Lateral Twist x10 each side – Bosu flat on the floor, place left foot back, so your toe is touching touching the middle of the rounded side. Right foot flat on the floor. Lower into a lunge. Extend dumbbell forward from your chest and rotate torso to the opposite side.
REPEAT STATION 1 x2
REPEAT STATION 2 x2
Not so much cardio in this workout, but a lot of core and quality strength work. Let me know what you think!
On to the good stuff – the food! We got back late Sunday night. Thankfully, I mustered up the energy to plan a trip to the grocery store, so that I could make some easy, quick and most importantly healthy food during the week. It started with this AMAZING salad. Totally doable in less than 15 minutes!
- Shredded Lettuce (right from the bag)
- Multigrain Taco Shells
- Taco Seasoning
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 16 oz can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 “Ready to Serve” Brown and Wild Rice (seriously you put this in the microwave for 1 minute)
- Pepperjack Cheese (low fat)
- Pre sliced fresh “HOT” Harris Teeter brand salsa
- Holy Guacamole prepared guacamole
How easy is it to make this? Make the taco meat as described on the package. Heat the rice. Drain the beans and build your bowl!
I have to say that this meal came right after I had opened up this generous package from the “Luna” branch of ClifBar. Ya’ll the package was actually addressed to Fly.Jen.Duf. There is always a first for everything. I LOVE this. Thank you Luna. I look forward to reviewing some of the new (and old flavors) and possibly doing a giveaway in the future! Do any of my readers have a favorite bar?